How To Use The Academic Library
Finding Research Articles
Using this Library
This library is divided into two main sections: Child and Youth Development, and Adults and Broader Impacts. Within each section, more specific topics are searchable by hashtags.
Child and Youth Development – these topics and hashtags include:
– Shaping sexual behaviors/sexual scripts #sexualscripts
– Rates/Age/Impact of Exposure #exposure
– Self-produced child exploitation material (sexting) #selfproducedcem
– Sexuality Education #sexualityeducation
– Child-on-child or peer-on-peer sexual abuse #childonchild
– Grooming, child abuse, Child Exploitation Material #grooming
Adults and Broader Impacts – these topics and hashtags include:
– Mental Health (body image, attitudes, compulsive use, neuroscience, fetishes) #mentalhealth
– #addiction and #neuroscience are sub-hashtags of #mentalhealth
– Socialization and Relationship Outcomes #socialization
– Violence (rape, sexual violence, grooming, child abuse, commercial sexual exploitation) #violence
– Discrimination (sexism, objectification, racism) #discrimination
– #racism is sub-hashtag of #discrimination
– Physical Health (injuries, infection & disease) #physicalhealth
– Technology & Substitutes (sex robots, VR, camming, hentai, [child] sex abuse dolls) #technology
– Cyber Crime (online sexual harassment, image-based abuse, cyber-stalking, etc.) #cybercrime
– Responses to address pornography #responses
– #legalpolicy and #therapeutic are sub-hashtags of #responses
Each article has been assigned a primary hashtag that indicates the main topic – this is also where you will find the article. However, to help indicate other focus areas, each article may be assigned additional hashtags. By typing the hashtag of interest into the search function, users will be able to find all articles that have been tagged as part of that topic (regardless of whether it is a primary or secondary hashtag).
Please note: in some instances, there is a crossover of topics. For instance, #mentalhealth implications linked to porn consumption are observed in children, youth and adults; however, all research relating to #mentalhealth is located in the Adult and Broader Impacts category.
Be sure to use the search function of our library—this will detect any words included in the article title and abstract.
Under the title of each journal article, we indicate with a Yes or No if Open Access is available. Culture Reframed does not provide access to journal articles that are not available publicly – please follow the indicated processes of the publishing journal to access articles behind a paywall or institution firewall.